The GymRat CHALLENGE IS A TRUE TEST OF BOTH BASKETBALL SKILL AND WILL WHERE TODAY’S NCAA AND WNBA, STARS HAVE COME TO EARN THEIR REPUTATIONS OVER THE PAST TWO AND A HALF DECADES AND OTHERS HAVE COME TO COMPETE AGAINST THEM TO SEE HOW THEY MEASURE UP. FROM WNBA ALL-STAR AND SCORING CHAMP EPIPHANY PRINCE TO REIGNING WNBA MVP AND FOUR-TIME U.CONN NATIONAL CHAMPION BREANNA STEWART, SINCE 1998, THE GREATEST PLAYERS ON THE PLANET HAVE COME TO THE GymRat CHALLENGE TO PROVE THEMSELVES AGAINST TOP COMPETITION AND EXITED THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAVING CATAPULTED THEMSELVES TO THE TOP OF RECRUITING BOARDS EVERYWHERE.
WITH UNPARALELLED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, AS WELL AS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE & CREDIBLE EVALUATION SERVICES IN GRASSROOTS BASKETBALL, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. WITH TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL NATIONAL NOTORIETY ON THE LINE, THOSE THAT PERFORM WELL IN THIS HIGH VISIBILITY EVENT RECEIVE AN UNPARALLELED BOOST IN RECRUITING EXPOSURE. EACH YEAR SEVERAL ALL-GymRat CHALLENGE SELECTIONS ARE TABBED BY THE GymRat CHALLENGE EVALUATION TEAM AS RISING MEMBERS OF THEIR CLASSES BOTH NATIONALLY AS WELL AS REGIONALLY IN THEIR HOME AREAS OF THE COUNTRY. ALL OF THIS, COMBINED WITH A REPUTATION AS THE BEST ORGANIZED EVENT IN THE NATION, MAKES THE GymRat CHALLENGE ONE OF THE MOST COMPLETE AND COMPETITIVE STOPS ON THE SUMMER BASKETBALL SCHEDULE.
- THREE game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE & CREDIBLE EVALUATION SERVICES IN GRASSROOTS BASKETBALL GymRat Evaluation Team on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division for inclusion in the GymRat REPORT that is available to every college coach in the nation.
- Potential for MAXIMUM of 6 games over the event weekend
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on the final day of competition
- Pool Champions & potential Wildcard teams advance to the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND beginning at 1:35 PM on the final day of competition
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND format includes
- Bracket play based on POOL PLAY performance and resulting CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND play
- Champions awarded in each CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND bracket
- This three-game maximum CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND formatreduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
- This format allows all CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This format preserves the legendary trademark Championship–style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for early conclusion times for all teams.
- Certified referees for all games.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- Discounted HOTEL rates for all participants