The RECORD-SETTING field for the 2018 GymRat CHALLENGE is now set with top teams from Miami to Montreal converging on New York State’s Capital Region to compete for the national spotlight. The GymRat CHALLENGE the largest event of its kind in the Eastern United States, the third largest event of its kind on the entire North American continent, and unquestionably one of the most complete and competitive events of the summer.
At the 2018 GymRat CHALLENGE, 471 games involving teams from twenty-one U.S. states and Canadian provinces will be played over 36 hours with over 180 college coaches, scouting services, and publications in attendance to observe and evaluate. The scheduling process for the GymRat CHALLENGE is extremely complex. Because the GymRat CHALLENGE is a Pool Play into a Championship Round event, great care is taken in order to create parity within our Pool Play structure. Competitive integrity takes highest priority in creating a GymRat schedule followed by geographic diversity within each pool. Each GymRat pool is designed to contain a #1, #2, #3, and #4 seed. While not an exact science, much like the creation of NCAA Tournament brackets, this process is designed to give the best teams the highest likelihood of advancing to Sunday afternoon’s Championship Round, while at the same time giving all teams the chance to win games during Pool Play.
BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEXITY AND DOMINO EFFECT OF ANY CHANGES TO THE SCHEDULE, ONCE THE SCHEDULE IS COMPLETED, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR E-MAIL THE TOURNAMENT OFFICE ASKING FOR VENUE OR GAME TIME CHANGES. THE TIME FOR MAKING SUCH REQUESTS IS WELL PASSED. WE PROVIDE A VERY STRAIGHT-FORWARD PROCESS FOR SUBMITTING SCHEDULING REQUESTS. WE HAVE MET IN EXCESS OF 98% OF ALL REASONABLE REQUESTS RECEIVED THROUGH THE GymRat SYSTEM. WE SIMPLY CANNOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR TAKE ADDITIONAL REQUESTS AT THIS LATE DATE. THE SCHEDULE IS SET, HAS BEEN PUBLISHED, AND MADE AVAILABLE TO MEDIA, COLLEGE COACHES, AND SPONSORS. IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPECTFUL ADHERENCE TO THIS POLICY.
PLEASE NOTE: TEAMS WITHDRAWING FROM THE EVENT AFTER THE SCHEDULE HAS BEEN POSTED RECEIVE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND AND MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM COMPETING IN FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
HOTEL INFORMATION: If you have not already booked your team hotel, at this late date, hotel space is at an extreme premium. ALL HOTEL-RELATED QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO GREG KELLER AT ARN. GREG CAN BE REACHED AT 1-602-889-5508 OR email@example.com. Please do NOT call the Tournament Office with hotel-related questions. We will simply be referring you back to Greg and ARN. ARN is in place as a free service to all competing teams to provide hotel support. Please understand that if you are contacting them at this late date, you have vastly limited your available lodging options. Your patience and cooperation is always appreciated as ARN works to accommodate you.
GAME SCHEDULES: Please refer to the documents listed below for POOL PLACEMENT and GAME SCHEDULE information.
**PLEASE REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT TO LOCATE YOUR TEAM’S POOL ASSIGNMENT. YOUR POOL ASSIGNMENT WILL ALSO BE LOADED INTO YOUR TEAM DASHBOARD SHORTLY.
DIRECTIONS to all GymRat CHALLENGE competition venues as well as a breakdown of competition venues by AGE DIVISION can be found at http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/game-sites-directions/. COURT NUMBERS associated with each venue are also indicated. Where applicable, we have provided GPS addresses for your convenience. GPS is only advisable for use when traveling to our non-collegiate facilities. Generally speaking, college and universities only provide street addresses for centrally located points on their campuses. Locating those addresses via GPS systems may get you to the college campus, but will likely NOT place you near the competition venue. The directions that are provided on GymRat CHALLENGE.com are specifically designed to get you to the entrance of the competition venue. Where GPS is not available or applicable, please refer to those directions that we have taken the time to provide and test. For your additional reference and convenience, we have also provided links to our host facility websites.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TEAMS MUST ARRIVE AT THEIR GAME SITE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIME. If time permits, we will begin games early in order to keep the tournament running on schedule throughout the weekend.
TEAM CHECK-IN will take place at the site of your first game. At the time of CHECK-IN, we will need to know your team hotel, number of rooms you’ve booked at the hotel property, and contact information (contact person/coach cell phone number, etc.). PLEASE BE SURE TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME.
We look forward to having your team(s) compete on May 26th and 27th along with a field representing some of the best programs and players in the nation. In keeping with our reputation, our staff is busily preparing the final event details, and our team of over 70 evaluators is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to identify rising national stars on both the team and individual level. If approached by one of our evaluators, please give them your time to provide applicable information about potential ALL-GymRat CHALLENGE performers. Through the GymRat RECRUITING INDEX, the GymRat CHALLENGE is the ONLY EVENT IN THE NATION to provide roster and player profile data ELECTRONICALLY to college coaches, scouting services, and media. Over 180 college programs, scouting services, and publications are expected to be attendance at the 2018 GymRat CHALLENGE and all will have access to player profiles available in the GymRat RECRUITING INDEX
Please refer to www.GymRatCHALLENGE.com for any additional event details, and don’t hesitate to contact the tournament office directly at 1-888-7-GYMRAT (1-888-749-6728) or e-mail COMPETE@GymRatCHALLENGE.com if you have any questions or comments.
Please also note the following reminders
GAME SITES WILL BE NUMBERED AS FOLLOWS
Courts #1-3: ALBANY CAPITAL CENTER Get Directions
Courts #4-6: RPI EAST CAMPUS ARENA Get Directions
Courts #7-10: SKIDMORE COLLEGE Get Directions
Courts #11-12: SARATOGA SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL Get Directions
Courts #13-16: UNION COLLEGE Get Directions
Courts #17-19: RPI ROBISON GYMNASIUM Get Directions
Courts #20-23: SARATOGA REC CENTER Get Directions
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.
The stated mission of the GymRat CHALLENGE is to allow young basketball athletes the opportunity to compete at the highest level and to showcase their skills in pursuit of the opportunity to play collegiately and beyond. The overwhelming success rate of the GymRat CHALLENGE in this mission is well documented. ANYONE CAUSING A DISRUPTION TO THE KIDS’ OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS AND/OR BEHAVING IN A MANNER THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE WILL BE REMOVED FOR ALL EVENT VENUES.
ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER EXHIBITING BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED TO BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE EVENT AND/OR THE COMPETITION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FOR THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM ALL COMPETITION VENUES. AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF EVENT ORGANIZERS, DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR FROM ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE ENTIRE TEAM OR TEAMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO ENSURE THAT THOSE IN THEIR TRAVEL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE STANDARDS, RULES, AND CODE OF CONDUCT AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANY PLAYER, TEAM, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS EJECTED FROM THE EVENT.
- PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPONIBLE FOR ALL GAMES RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT. GymRat CHALLENGE RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. GAME RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT CAN BE FOUND IN THE GAME RULES SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. THE GymRat CHALLENGE IS AN AAU SANCTIONED EVENT AND AN OFFICiAL QUALIFER FOR THE USA BASKETBALL U.S. OPEN BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS. AS SUCH, THE GymRat CHALLENGE FOLLOWS THE PRESCRIBED CODE OF CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE GUIDELINES FOR THOSE ORGANIZATIONS. AS SUCH, COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SLIPPERS OR SANDALS ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, COACHES MUST WEAR A COLLARED SHIRT OR T-SHIRT CONTAINING THEIR TEAM LOGO ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, AND COACHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WEAR BASEBALL HATS, DOO RAGS (WAVE CAPS) OR BEANIES WHILE COACHING DURING THE EVENT.
- THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME, REQUIRED TO SIT OUT THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME, AND MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat CHALLENGE AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- ANY FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER EXHIBITING BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED TO BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE EVENT AND/OR THE COMPETITION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FOR THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM ALL COMPETITION VENUES. AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF EVENT ORGANIZERS, DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR FROM ANY FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE TEAM OR TEAMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO ENSURE THAT THOSE IN THEIR TRAVEL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE STANDARDS, RULES, AND CODE OF CONDUCT AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANY TEAM, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS EJECTED FROM THE EVENT.
- ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THEIR THREE GAME GUARANTEE AND COMPETE IN ALL SCHEDULED GAMES. ANY TEAM FORFEITING FOR FAILING TO APPEAR IN ANY GAME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR AN ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION FEE AND SUBJECT TO A BAN FROM COMPETING IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION (BIRTH CERTIFICATES, AAU CARDS, PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS, ETC.) FOR ALL PLAYERS AT THE EVENT IN CASE OF A PROTEST OR AGE ELIGIBIILITY VERIFICATION SITUATION. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THE GymRat CHALLENGE STRICTLY ADHERES TO USA BASKETBAL GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. THOSE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE “WHO, WHAT, WHERE,…” SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PLAYER COMPETING IN THE 11th GRADE AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE REMAINING HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY. PLAYERS ATTENDING PREP SCHOOL IN THE FALL MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF THEIR PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION. THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER FROM THE PREP SCHOOL VERIFYING THE PLAYERS ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FALL TERM. PLAYERS NOT MEETING THE GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT DIRECTORS, TEAMS USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS MAY BE DISQUALIFED FROM THE EVENT, FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS, AND/OR FUTURE AAU AND/OR USA BASKETBALL SANCTIONED EVENTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THESE REQUIREMENTS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS ARE WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS IMMEDIATELY. WITH THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THIS EVENT, HOTEL SPACE HAS BECOME VERY LIMITED. YOU MAY VIEW THE EVENT PREFERRED HOTEL LIST ONLINE, OR SIMPLY CALL 1-866-507-7015, AND A HOTEL RESERVATIONS EXPERT FROM OUR LODGING LOGISTICS PARTNER, ARN, WILL ASSIST WITH ALL OF YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION NEEDS.
- TEAM CHECK-IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME
- WE WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR TEAM HOTEL, # OF ROOMS BOOKED, AND TEAM CONTACT ROOM # WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME.
- ALL REASONABLE, FEASIBLE, AND POSSIBLE SPECIAL REQUESTS ARE CONDSIDERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. ALTHOUGH WE ATTEMPT TO MEET EVERY REASONABLE SPECIAL REQUEST RECEIVED THROUGH YOUR TEAM DASHBOARD, SOME ARE SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE, BECAUSE OF THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THE EVENT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FLEXIBILITY.
- Following the conclusion of Pool Play, Bracket Meetings in each age division will be held to announce the seedings for Championship Round Play. Times and sites for Bracket Meetings can be found on all game schedules and will be posted at all tournament venues. All teams in contention to advance to Championship Round Play must have a representative at these meetings.
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND PLAYIS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE AND INTENSE. BECAUSE OF THE INTENSELY HIGH LEVEL OF COMPETITION, MULTIPLE OVERTIME GAMES HAVE BECOME THE NORM. IN ORDER TO CLAIM A GYMRAT CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP, TEAMS MUST DEMONSTRATE NOT ONLY A HIGH LEVEL OF SKILL, BUT ALSO TREMENDOUS ENDURANCE. EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO KEEP GAMES ON SCHEDULE, BUT BECAUSE OF THE INTENSE LEVEL OF COMPETITION AND STRONG LIKELIHOOD FOR OVERTIME GAMES, TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND SHOULD BUILD FLEXIBILITY INTO THEIR TRAVEL PLANS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER ALL TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SCOREKEEPERS TO KEEP THE BOOK. TOURNAMENT PERSONNEL WILL OPERATE THE SCORECLOCKS.
- ON-SITE ATHLETIC TRAINERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATION AND INJURY CARE ONLY. TEAMS ARE RESPONSILBE FOR THEIR OWN PREVENTITIVE CARE AND EQUIPMENT (i.e., ANKLE TAPING AND TAPE).
- GymRat CHALLENGE GEAR WILL BE ON SALE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST ONLY. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHIP MERCHANDISE AFTER THE EVENT. TEAMS THAT HAVE ORDERED T-SHIRTS IN ADVANCE WILL HAVE THEIR ORDER WAITING FOR THEM AT CHECK-IN.
- FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ALL EVENT PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ISSUED WRIST BANDS THAT MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND. THESE WRIST BANDS WILL ALLOW PLAYERS AND COACHES ENTRY INTO ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES. THESE WRISTBANDS WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL ROSTERED PLAYERS AND TO A MAXIMUM OF TWO (2) COACHES OR BENCH SUPPORT PERSONNEL PER TEAM. WRISTBANDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED TO ANY NON-BENCH PERSONNEL.
- ENTRY TO TOURNAMENT SITES WILL BE DENIED WITHOUT WRISTBAND AND/OR TICKETS. TOURNAMENT PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL SITES FOR $15, AND ONE-DAY PASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR $10.
- ANY PERSON FOUND ENTERING THE EVENT WITHOUT A TICKET OR WITH UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A COMPETITION WRISTBAND WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE VENUE AND IMMEDIATELY REMANDED TO THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- EACH TEAM WILL RECEIVE ONE EVENT PROGRAM. A LIMITED NUMBER OF EVENT PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN PRINTED AND WILL BE ON SALE AT ALL VENUES FOR $5 ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. PARENTS AND FANS THAT WISH TO PURCHASE EVENT PROGRAMS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO DO SO WHEN THEY BUY THEIR TICKET FOR ENTRY INTO THE EVENT.
- ANY TEAM WISHING TO FILE A PROTEST MUST DO SO IN WRITING WITH THE TERMS OF THEIR PROTEST SPECIFICALLY OUTLINED. A PROTEST FEE OF $100 (CASH) WILL BE COLLECTED ALONG WITH THE WRITTEN PROTEST. IF THE PROTEST IS UPHELD, THE FEE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PROTESTING TEAM.
- SCORE TRACKING, POOL STANDINGS, AND TEAM RANKINGS (FOR CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND QUALIFICATON) WILL BE AVAILABLE AT https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/ THROUGHOUT THE EVENT. USERS MUST SIMPLY LOG-INTO THEIR GymRat ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO VIEW SCORING AND RANKING INFORMATION. ALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE VERIFIED THEIR ROSTER DATA HAVE GymRat ACCOUNTS ESTABLISHED. ALL COACHES AND TEAM LEADERS IDENTIFIED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION HAVE GymRat ACCOUNTS ESTABLISHED. THE PROCESS TO ESTABLISH A GymRat ACCOUNT IS COMPLETELY FREE AND TAKES ROUGHLY 90 SECONDS TO COMPLETE.
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.