The field for the much anticipated 2019 GymRat CHALLENGE is now set with top teams from Miami to Montreal converging on New York State’s Capital Region to compete for the national spotlight.
As one of the most storied and respected grassroots basketball events in the nation. USA Basketball has selected the GymRat CHALLENGE as a USA Basketball Alliance Tournament and part of the pathway to the 2019 U.S. Open Basketball Championships. USA Basketball is the National Governing Body for Men’s and Women’s Basketball in the United States as recognized and designated by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA). USA Basketball is responsible for the selection and training of the men’s and women’s national teams that represent the United States in international competitions including the Olympic Games and the FIBA Basketball World Cup
The GymRat CHALLENGE has also been selected as an Official Qualifier for the Jr. NBA Global Championships. The 14U Platinum Bracket Champion of the GymRat CHALLENGE will advance to the Northeast Regional Qualifier of the Jr. NBA Global Championship. The GymRat CHALLENGE is one of only two events in the United States to receive this championship pathway endorsement from both USA Basketball and the NBA….two of the world’s foremost basketball authorities.
The GymRat CHALLENGE is the largest event of its kind in the eastern United States, the third largest event of its kind on the entire North American continent, and unquestionably one of the most complete and competitive events of the summer.
At the 2019 GymRat CHALLENGE, 430 games involving teams from twenty-one U.S. states and Canadian provinces will be played over 36 hours at six different venues involving nearly 3,000 athletes in six Age Divisions with over 180 college coaches, scouting services, and publications in attendance to observe and evaluate. The scheduling process for the GymRat CHALLENGE is extremely complex.Because the GymRat CHALLENGE is a Pool Play into a Championship Round event with a tremendous amount of national exposure on the line, great care is taken in order to create parity within our Pool Play structure. Competitive integrity takes highest priority in creating a GymRat schedule followed by geographic diversity within each pool, and scheduling special requests. Each GymRat pool is designed to contain a #1, #2, #3, and #4 seed. While not an exact science, much like the creation of NCAA Tournament brackets, this process is designed to give the best teams the highest likelihood of advancing to Sunday afternoon’s Championship Round, while at the same time giving all teams the chance to win games during Pool Play.
BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEXITY AND DOMINO EFFECT OF ANY CHANGES TO THE SCHEDULE, ONCE THE SCHEDULE IS COMPLETED, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR E-MAIL THE TOURNAMENT OFFICE ASKING FOR VENUE OR GAME TIME CHANGES. THE TIME FOR MAKING SUCH REQUESTS IS WELL PASSED. WE PROVIDE A VERY STRAIGHT-FORWARD PROCESS FOR SUBMITTING SCHEDULING REQUESTS. THAT PROCESS WAS COMMUNICATED MULTIPLE TIMES TO EVERY TEAM LEADER AND HEAD COACH VIA E-MAIL AND TEXT MESSAGE. WE HAVE MET IN EXCESS OF 98% OF ALL REASONABLE REQUESTS RECEIVED THROUGH THE GymRat SYSTEM. WE SIMPLY CANNOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR TAKE ADDITIONAL REQUESTS AT THIS LATE DATE. THE SCHEDULE IS SET, HAS BEEN PUBLISHED, AND MADE AVAILABLE TO MEDIA, COLLEGE COACHES, AND SPONSORS.
IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPECTFUL ADHERENCE TO THIS POLICY.
PLEASE NOTE: TEAMS WITHDRAWING FROM THE EVENT AFTER THE SCHEDULE HAS BEEN POSTED RECEIVE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND AND MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM COMPETING IN FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
HOTEL INFORMATION: If you have not already booked your team hotel, at this late date, hotel space is at an extreme premium. ALL HOTEL-RELATED QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO GREG KELLER AT ARN. GREG CAN BE REACHED AT 1-602-889-5508 OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT call the Tournament Office with hotel-related questions. We will simply be referring you back to Greg and ARN. ARN is in place as a free service to all competing teams to provide hotel support. Please understand that if you are contacting them at this late date, you have vastly limited your available lodging options. Your patience and cooperation is always appreciated as ARN works to accommodate you. ALL teams needing hotel space are REQUIRED to book through the ARN system. This will ensure that GymRat CHALLENGE rates remain the lowest available in the area year over year. Teams booking hotel space outside of the ARN system will be REMOVED from the event schedule. For more on the GymRat CHALLENGE Preferred Hotel policy, please visit http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/team-hotel-requirements/
GAME SCHEDULES: Please refer to the documents listed below for POOL PLACEMENT and GAME SCHEDULE information.
**PLEASE REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT TO LOCATE YOUR TEAM’S POOL ASSIGNMENT. YOUR POOL ASSIGNMENT WILL ALSO BE LOADED INTO YOUR TEAM DASHBOARD SHORTLY.
GAME SITES WILL BE NUMBERED AS FOLLOWS
Courts #1-3: ALBANY CAPITAL CENTER Get Directions
Courts #4-6: TIMES UNION CENTER Get Directions
Courts #7-9: RPI EAST CAMPUS ARENA Get Directions
Courts #10-12: RPI ROBISON GYMNASIUM Get Directions
Courts #13-16: UNION COLLEGE Get Directions
Courts #17-20: SKIDMORE COLLEGE Get Directions
Directions to all GymRat CHALLENGE competition venues as well as a breakdown of competition venues by AGE DIVISION can be found at http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/game-sites-directions/. COURT NUMBERS associated with each venue are also indicated. Where applicable, we have provided GPS addresses for your convenience. GPS is only advisable for use when traveling to our non-collegiate facilities. Generally speaking, college and universities only provide street addresses for centrally located points on their campuses. Locating those addresses via GPS systems may get you to the college campus, but will likely NOT place you near the competition venue. The directions that are provided on GymRatCHALLENGE.com are specifically designed to get you to the entrance of the competition venue. Where GPS is not available or applicable, please refer to those directions that we have taken the time to provide and test. For your additional reference and convenience, we have also provided links to our host facility websites.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TEAMS MUST ARRIVE AT THEIR GAME SITE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIME. If time permits, we will begin games early in order to keep the tournament running on schedule throughout the weekend.
TEAM CHECK-IN will take place at the site of your first game. At the time of CHECK-IN, we will need to know your team hotel, number of rooms you’ve booked at the hotel property, and whether your team checked in on Friday or Saturday. PLEASE BE SURE TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST GAME
GAME SCORES & TRACKING: Once the event begins, you can track all game scores and standings by logging into your GymRat account at https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/ . GymRat CHALLENGE games will also be live streamed, and available for post-event download, on Baller.tv
The GymRat REPORT: The 2019 GymRat CHALLENGE Event Report will be released and posted to all GymRat RECRUITING INDEX accounts on Monday, June 3rd. The comprehensive 60+ page report includes an event re-cap, as well as the announcement of ALL-GymRat CHALLENGE selections and evaluations in all Age Divisions for one of the summer’s biggest, most competitive, and most respected basketball events.
In addition to being available to every college coach in the United States through the GymRat RECRUITING INDEX, the GymRat Report is also available to all players and parents through the player’s GymRat RECRUITING INDEX profile. An ENHANCED Profile subscription is required in order to access the GymRat Report. For more information on the detailed process used by the GymRat CHALLENGE to evaluate players, CLICK HERE.
The GymRat Report is the most extensive report provided by any basketball event in the nation and has been a staple of what has made the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the top events in the nation for over two decades. The GymRat Report is prepared by the 70+ person GymRat Evaluation Staff that is on-site throughout all GymRat events. The Evaluation Staff is comprised of expert current and former professional, college, and high school coaches, professional players, and media members. To properly evaluate during the event the GymRat Evaluation Staff is assigned in a matrix to cover all teams in all division. ALL teams at ALL Age Divisions of the GymRat CHALLENGE are viewed at least twice by at least two different GymRat evaluators. That way, no player is judged on a single performance or on the opinion of a single GymRat evaluator.
All evaluator notes and communication are compiled into the annual GymRat Report. This comprehensive 60+ page report details ALL-GymRat performers and event highlights for all Age Divisions of the GymRat CHALLENGE.
There is tremendous activity with the GymRat RECRUITING INDEX system throughout the year as college coaches track and contact players. Players with ENHANCED profiles have the ability to see exactly what college coaches are accessing their profiles as well as the use of the powerful communication tools built into the GymRat system. The GymRat RECRUITING INDEX is the most targeted and effective basketball recruiting profile service in the nation.
The stated mission of the GymRat CHALLENGE is to allow young basketball athletes the opportunity to compete at the highest level and to showcase their skills in pursuit of the opportunity to play collegiately and beyond. The overwhelming success rate of the GymRat CHALLENGE in this mission is well-documented.
ANYONE CAUSING A DISRUPTION TO ANY PLAYER’S OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS AND/OR BEHAVING IN A MANNER THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE WILL BE REMOVED FOR ALL EVENT VENUES.
ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER EXHIBITING BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED TO BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE EVENT AND/OR THE COMPETITION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FOR THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM ALL COMPETITION VENUES. THIS ABSOLUTLEY INCLUDES ANY SPECTATOR WHO ENTERS THE PLAYING SURFACE AT ANY POINT OTHER THAN BEING WAIVED ON TO THE COURT BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL TO ADDRESS AN INJURED PLAYER.
AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF EVENT ORGANIZERS, DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR FROM ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE TEAM OR TEAMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO ENSURE THAT THOSE IN THEIR TRAVEL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE STANDARDS, RULES, AND CODE OF CONDUCT AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANY PLAYER, TEAM, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS EJECTED FROM THE EVENT.
PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION (BIRTH CERTIFICATES, AAU CARDS, PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS, ETC.) FOR ALL PLAYERS AT THE EVENT IN CASE OF A PROTEST OR AGE ELIGIBIILITY VERIFICATION SITUATION. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THE GymRat CHALLENGE STRICTLY ADHERES TO USA BASKETBAL GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. THOSE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE “WHO, WHAT, WHERE,…” SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PLAYER COMPETING IN THE 11th GRADE AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE REMAINING HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY. PLAYERS ATTENDING PREP SCHOOL IN THE FALL MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF THEIR PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION. THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER FROM THE PREP SCHOOL VERIFYING THE PLAYERS ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FALL TERM. PLAYERS NOT MEETING THE GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT DIRECTORS, TEAMS USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS MAY BE DISQUALIFED FROM THE EVENT, FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS, AND/OR FUTURE AAU AND/OR USA BASKETBALL SANCTIONED EVENTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THESE REQUIREMENTS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS ARE WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.
PROESTS ARE NIETHER ENCOURAGED OR DISCOURAGED, BUT ALL PROTESTS WILL BE ADDRESSED WITH THE SAME OBJECTIVE PROCESS:
- ANY TEAM WISHING TO FILE A PROTEST MUST PROVIDE A SIGNED WRITTEN STATEMENT DETAILING THE REASON FOR THE PROTEST AND SUBMIT THAT STATEMENT TO AN AGE DIVISION DIRECTOR.
- A PROTEST FEE OF $100 (CASH)PER PROTEST WILL BE COLLECTED ALONG WITH THE WRITTEN PROTEST. EACH TEAM AND/OR PLAYER CALLED INTO QUESTION WILL BE CONSIDERED AN INDIVIDUAL PROTEST AND WILL WARRANT A $100 (CASH) PROTEST FEE.
- IF THE PROTEST IS UPHELD, THE FEE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PROTESTOR. IF THE PROTEST IS NOT UPHELD, THE FEE WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- ANY PROTEST INVOLVING AGE/GRADE ELIGIBILITY MUST IDENTIFY THE NAME OF THE PLAYER IN QUESTION AS WELL AS THE “REASONABLE CAUSE” FOR THE PROTEST (I.E., A PROTEST MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED BASED ON A PLAYER’S SIZE).
- FOR ANY PROTEST INVOLVING AGE/GRADE ELIGIBILITY, A FEE OF $100 (CASH) PER PROTESTED PLAYER MUST BE PROVIDED. EACH PROTESTED PLAYER IS CONSIDERED A SEPARATE INDIVIDUAL PROTEST.
- FOR ANY PROTEST INVOLVING AGE/GRADE ELIGIBILITY,A TEAM WILL HAVE TEN MINUTES FROM NOTIFICATION OF PROTEST TO PRODUCE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PLAYER IN QUESTION.
- FOR ANY PROTEST INVOLVING AGE/GRADE ELIGIBILITY,PROTESTS ARE NOT APPLIED RETROACTIVELY. THAT IS, ONCE A GAME BEGINS, ALL PLAYERS ARE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE THROUGH THE EXTENT OF THAT GAME. IF A PROTEST IS FILED AFTER A GAME ENDS, THE RESULT OF THE PROTEST WILL NOT BE RETROACTIVELY APPLIED TO THE RESULT OF THAT GAME. THE RESULTS OF SUCH A PROTEST WILL ONLY IMPACT PLAYER ELIGIBILITY GOING FORWARD.
- FINALLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DISCRETION WILL ALWAYS BE APPLIED IN ORDER TO AVOID EMBARRASSING ANY YOUNG ATHLETE AND/OR HOLDING YOUNG ATHLETES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECISIONS, INDISCRECTIONS, AND ACTIONS OF ADULTS.
Please refer to www.GymRatCHALLENGE.com and follow @GymRatCHALLENGE on TWITTER for any additional event details, and don’t hesitate to contact the tournament office directly at 1-888-7-GYMRAT (1-888-749-6728) or e-mail COMPETE@GymRatCHALLENGE.com if you have any questions or comments.
- TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE FOR SPECTATORS AT ALL COMPETITION VENUES. TOURNAMENT PASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR $20 AND ALLOW ACCESS TO ALL 430 GAMES ACROSS ALL SIX GymRat CHALLENGE COMPETITION VENUES. ONE-DAY PASSES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR $15 PER EVENT DAY.
- SENIOR CITIZEN PRICING: $15 FOR TOURNAMENT PASS/$10 FOR ONE-DAY PASS.
- FAMILY PRICING: TWO ADULTS WITH TWO OR MORE CHILDREN….$60 FOR TOURNAMENT PASS & $45 FOR ONE-DAY PASS
- CHILDREN UNDER SIX ADMITTED FOR FREE.
- DIRECTIONS TO ALL GYMRAT CHALLENGE COMPETITION VENUES CAN BE FOUND ON http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/game-sites-directions/. COURT NUMBERS ASSOCIATED WITH EACH VENUE ARE ALSO INDICATED. WHERE APPLICABLE, WE HAVE PROVIDED GPS ADDRESSES FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. GPS IS ONLY ADVISABLE FOR USE WHEN TRAVELING TO OUR NON-COLLEGIATE FACILITIES. GENERALLY SPEAKING, COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITIES ONLY PROVIDE STREET ADDRESSES FOR CENTRALLY LOCATED POINTS ON THEIR CAMPUSES. LOCATING THOSE ADDRESSES VIA GPS SYSTEMS MAY GET YOU TO THE COLLEGE CAMPUS, BUT WILL LIKELY NOT PLACE YOU NEAR THE COMPETITION VENUE. THE DIRECTIONS THAT ARE PROVIDED ON GYMRATCHALLENGE.COM ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO GET YOU TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE COMPETITION VENUE. WHERE GPS IS NOT AVAILABLE OR APPLICABLE, PLEASE REFER TO THOSE DIRECTIONS THAT WE HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO PROVIDE AND TEST. FOR YOUR ADDITIONAL REFERENCE AND CONVENIENCE, WE HAVE ALSO PROVIDED LINKS TO OUR HOST FACILITY WEBSITES.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT COACHES MAKE THEMSELVES AVAILABLE TO OUR EVALUATION STAFF TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OR IDENTIFY PLAYERS DURING THE EVENT. THOSE EVALUATORS ARE CHARGED WITH CREATING THE POST-EVENT GymRat REPORT THAT DETAILS TOP TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL PERFORMERS.
- PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL GAMES RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT. GymRat CHALLENGE RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. GAME RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT CAN BE FOUND IN THE GAME RULES SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com AT http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/game-rules-code-of-conduct/. The GymRat CHALLENGE IS AN AAU SANCTIONED EVENT, A USA BASKETBALL ALLIANCE TOURNAMENT, AND AN OFFICIAL QUALIFIER FOR THE JR. NBA GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. AS SUCH, THE GymRat CHALLENGE FOLLOWS THE PRESCRIBED CODE OF CONDUCT AND DRESS CODE GUIDELINES FOR THOSE ORGANIZATIONS. COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SLIPPERS OR SANDALS ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, COACHES MUST BE APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, AND COACHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WEAR BASEBALL HATS, DOO RAGS (WAVE CAPS) OR BEANIES WHILE COACHING DURING THE EVENT.
- THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME, REQUIRED TO SIT OUT THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME, AND MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat CHALLENGE AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THEIR THREE GAME GUARANTEE AND COMPETE IN ALL SCHEDULED GAMES. ANY TEAM FORFEITING FOR FAILING TO APPEAR IN ANY GAME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR AN ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION FEE PER FORFEITED GAME AND HAVE THEIR PROGRAM BE SUBJECT TO BEING BANNED FROM COMPETING IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION (BIRTH CERTIFICATES, AAU CARDS, PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS, ETC.) FOR ALL PLAYERS AT THE EVENT IN CASE OF A PROTEST OR AGE ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION SITUATION. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THE GymRat CHALLENGE STRICTLY ADHERES TO USA BASKETBALL GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. THOSE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE “WHO, WHAT, WHERE,…” SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PLAYER COMPETING IN THE 11th GRADE AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE REMAINING HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY. PLAYERS ATTENDING PREP SCHOOL IN THE FALL MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF THEIR PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION. THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER FROM THE PREP SCHOOL VERIFYING THE PLAYERS ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FALL TERM. PLAYERS NOT MEETING THE GRADE AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT DIRECTORS, TEAMS USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT, FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS, AND/OR FUTURE AAU AND/OR USA BASKETBALL SANCTIONED EVENTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THESE REQUIREMENTS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS ARE WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS IMMEDIATELY. WITH THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THIS EVENT, HOTEL SPACE HAS BECOME VERY LIMITED. YOU MAY VIEW THE EVENT PREFERRED HOTEL LIST ONLINE, OR SIMPLY CALL 1-866-507-7015, AND A HOTEL RESERVATIONS EXPERT FROM OUR LODGING LOGISTICS PARTNER, ALLIANCE RESERVATIONS NETWORK (ARN), WILL ASSIST WITH ALL OF YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATION NEEDS. PER THE INFORMATION IN YOUR e-CONFIRMATION, ALL TEAMS IN NEED OF HOTEL SPACE ARE REQUIRED TO BOOK THROUGH ARN IN ORDER TO ALLOW ARN MAXIMUM NEGOTIATING LEVERAGE AND ENSURE THAT HOTEL PRICES REMAIN REASONABLE FOR TEAMS COMPETING IN THE GymRat CHALLENGE.
- TEAM CHECK-IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME. WE WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR TEAM HOTEL, # OF ROOMS BOOKED, AND CHECK IN DATE WHEN YOU CHECK IN AT THE SITE OF YOUR FIRST GAME.
- FOR SECURITY PURPOSES, ALL EVENT PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ISSUED WRIST BANDS THAT MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND. THESE WRIST BANDS WILL ALLOW PLAYERS AND COACHES ENTRY INTO ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES. THESE WRISTBANDS WILL BE ISSUED TO ALL ROSTERED PLAYERS AND TO A MAXIMUM OF TWO (2) COACHES AND ONE BENCH (1) SUPPORT PERSONNEL (SCOREKEEPER) PER TEAM. WRISTBANDS WILL NOT BE ISSUES TO ANY NON-BENCH PERSONNEL. PLAYERS AND COACHES MUST WEAR THEIR WRISTBAND ON THEIR PERSON (WRIST/ANKLE). BANDS CANNOT BE WORN ON SNEAKERS OR BAGS.
- ANY PERSON FOUND ENTERING THE EVENT WITHOUT A TICKET OR WITH UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A COMPETITION WRISTBAND WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE VENUE AND IMMEDIATELY REMANDED TO THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- Following the conclusion of Pool Play, Bracket Meetings in each age division will be held to announce the seedings for Championship Round Play. Times and sites for Bracket Meetings can be found on all game schedules and will be posted at all tournament venues. All teams in contention to advance to Championship Round Play must have a representative at these meetings.
- The GymRat CHALLENGE is a Championship Style event, and your FINAL tournament game will be determined by your team’s performance in Pool Play and, potentially, the Championship Round.CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND PLAY IS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE AND INTENSE. BECAUSE OF THE INTENSELY HIGH LEVEL OF COMPETITION, MULTIPLE OVERTIME GAMES HAVE BECOME THE NORM. IN ORDER TO CLAIM A GYMRAT CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP, TEAMS MUST DEMONSTRATE NOT ONLY A HIGH LEVEL OF SKILL, BUT ALSO TREMENDOUS ENDURANCE. EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO KEEP GAMES ON SCHEDULE, BUT BECAUSE OF THE INTENSE LEVEL OF COMPETITION AND STRONG LIKELIHOOD FOR OVERTIME GAMES, TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND SHOULD BUILD FLEXIBILITY INTO THEIR TRAVEL PLANS.
- ANY TEAM WISHING TO FILE A PROTEST, MUST PROVIDE A SIGNED PROTEST IN WRITING TO AN AGE DIVISION DIRECTOR. A PROTEST FEE OF $100 (CASH) MUST ALSO BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME THAT THE PROTEST IS SUBMITTED. EACH TEAM AND/OR PLAYER CALLED INTO QUESTION WILL BE CONSIDERED AN INDIVIDUAL PROTEST AND WILL WARRANT A $100 (CASH) PROTEST FEE. IF THE PROTEST IS UPHELD, THE FEE WILL BE RETURNED TO THE PROTESTOR. IF THE PROTEST IS NOT UPHELD, THE FEE WILL NOT BE RETURNED. ANY PROTEST INVOLVING AGE/GRADE ELIGIBILITY MUST IDENTIFY THE NAME OF THE PLAYER IN QUESTION AS WELL AS THE “REASONABLE CAUSE” FOR THE PROTEST (I.E., A PROTEST MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED BASED ON A PLAYER’S SIZE).
- ON-SITE ATHLETIC TRAINERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EMERGENCY SITUATION AND INJURY CARE ONLY. TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN PREVENTATIVE CARE AND EQUIPMENT (i.e., ANKLE TAPING AND TAPE).
- GymRat CHALLENGE GEAR WILL BE ON SALE ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST ONLY. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SHIP MERCHANDISE AFTER THE EVENT. TEAMS THAT HAVE ORDERED T-SHIRTS IN ADVANCE WILL HAVE THEIR ORDER WAITING FOR THEM AT CHECK-IN.
- EACH TEAM WILL RECEIVE ONE EVENT PROGRAM. A LIMITED NUMBER OF EVENT PROGRAMS HAVE BEEN PRINTED AND WILL BE ON SALE AT ALL VENUES FOR $5 ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. PARENTS AND FANS THAT WISH TO PURCHASE EVENT PROGRAMS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO DO SO WHEN THEY BUY THEIR TICKET FOR ENTRY INTO THE EVENT.
- ALL REASONABLE, FEASIBLE, AND POSSIBLE SPECIAL REQUESTS ARE CONSIDERED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. ALTHOUGH WE ATTEMPT TO MEET EVERY REASONABLE SPECIAL REQUEST, SOME ARE SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE, BECAUSE OF THE SIZE AND SCOPE OF THE EVENT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FLEXIBILITY.
- SCORE TRACKING, POOL STANDINGS, AND TEAM RANKINGS (FOR CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND QUALIFICATION) WILL BE AVAILABLE AT https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/ THROUGHOUT THE EVENT. USERS MUST SIMPLY LOG-INTO THEIR GymRat ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO VIEW SCORING AND RANKING INFORMATION. ALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE VERIFIED THEIR ROSTER DATA HAVE GymRat ACCOUNTS ESTABLISHED. ALL COACHES AND TEAM LEADERS IDENTIFIED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION HAVE GymRat ACCOUNTS ESTABLISHED. THE PROCESS TO ESTABLISH A GymRat ACCOUNT IS COMPLETELY FREE AND TAKES ROUGHLY 90 SECONDS TO COMPLETE.