May 27-28, 2017
WHO: Boy’s teams in the 12:U through 17:U Age Groups from across the North American continent. AAU Grade and Age Eligibility Requirements apply. SPACE LIMITED TO 328 TEAMS.
To view complete AAU Boy’s Basketball Age and Grade Eligibility Rules please visit http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/Rules-Articles/ArtMID/3766/ArticleID/42964/AAU-Boys-Basketball-Eligibility
WITH A STORIED TRADITION AS A RIGHT OF PASSAGE FOR FUTURE NCAA & NBA STARS, THE GymRat CHALLENGE NOW ALSO ALLOWS THE LITTLE GUYS TO PLAY WHERE THE BIG FELLAS HAVE EARNED THEIR REPUTATIONS FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS. LIMITED SPOTS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR TEAMS IN THE 12U-14U AGE DIVISIONS TO HAVE THE UNIQUE GymRat CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE THAT TODAY’S NCAA & NBA STARS HAVE ENJOYED SINCE 1998. THE OPPORTUNITY NOW EXISTS FOR PLAYERS AT ALL AGE LEVELS TO RECEIVE A SPRINGBOARD TO NATIONAL PROMINENCE THROUGH THEIR PLAY AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE AND RECOGNITION IN THE COVETED GymRat CHALLENGE POST-EVENT REPORTS.
WHAT: The 2017 GymRat CHALLENGE. As the SINGLE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES, AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT, reputations are EARNED at the GymRat CHALLENGE. WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION.
- THREE game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- Potential for MAXIMUM of 6 games over the event weekend
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on Sunday
- Pool Champions & potential Wildcard teams advance to the Championship Round beginning at 1:35 PM on Sunday
- NEW Championship Round format includes
- Bracket play based on Championship Round seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in Championship Round play
- Champions awarded in each Championship Round bracket
- Introduced in 2016, this NEW format reduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the Championship Round
- NEW format allows all Championship Round qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This new format preserves the legendary trademark Championship –style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for earlier conclusion times for all teams.
- Certified referees and for all games
- GymRat CHALLENGE team of scouts and evaluators on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of
- All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- Participating Hotels
WHERE: SKIDMORE College, UNION College’s Vanair Athletic Complex, Siena College, Schenectady High School’s historic Pat Riley Sports Center, Shenendahowa High School and the Saratoga Recreation Center are among the traditional host sites for the GymRat CHALLENGE. Located within minutes of each other, these tremendous facilities are easily accessible from the North, South, East, or West. With twenty-eight full courts, these complexes are ideal sites for an AAU event from participants’, fans’, and recruiters’ perspectives.
*FACILITES SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON NCAA RULES & AVAILABILITY
WHEN: May 27-28, 2017
WHY: The GymRat CHALLENGE is a true test of both basketball skill and will where today’s NCAA and NBA, stars have come to earn their reputations over the past two decades. Since 1998, players from current NBA MVP Steph Curry to former NBA Rookie of the Year & NCAA Player of the Year Emeka Okafor to NBA All-Stars and former Chicago Bulls teammates Joakim Noah and Luol Deng to NCAA Players of the Year & National Champions Jimmer Fredette, Kemba Walker, and Shabazz Napier as well as many, many more have arrived at the GymRat CHALLENGE to compete and be seen, and exited the GymRat CHALLENGE having catapulted themselves to the top of recruiting boards everywhere.
WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. With team and individual NATIONAL NOTORIETY on the line, those that perform well in this high visibility event receive an unparalleled boost in recruiting exposure. Each year several All-GymRat CHALLENGE selections are tabbed by the GymRat CHALLENGE Evaluation Team as rising members of their classes both nationally as well as regionally in their home areas of the country. All of this, combined with a reputation as the best organized event in the nation, makes the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the most complete and competitive stops on the summer basketball schedule.
With a huge field comprised of some of the top club basketball programs in North America, the GymRat CHALLENGE boasts an indisputable prominence and acclaim from teams, coaches, and scouting services across the continent. The GymRat CHALLENGE annually hosts in excess of 520 teams representing over twenty-four U.S. states and Canadian provinces covering a geographic reach from Texas to Toronto, Montreal to Maryland, and beyond. That field and an unwavering commitment to quality made the GymRat CHALLENGE THE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT.
HOW: To Register Click Here
Tournament Executive Director: John Kmack