MAY 26-27, 2018
WHO: Boy’s teams in the 12:U through 17:U Age Groups from across the North American continent. AAU Grade and Age Eligibility Requirements apply. Teams will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis until maximum capacity is reached.
To view complete AAU Boy’s Basketball Age and Grade Eligibility Rules please visit http://www.aauboysbasketball.org/Rules-Articles/ArtMID/3766/ArticleID/42964/AAU-Boys-Basketball-Eligibility
WITH A STORIED TRADITION AS A RIGHT OF PASSAGE FOR FUTURE NCAA & NBA STARS, THE GymRat CHALLENGE NOW ALSO ALLOWS THE LITTLE GUYS TO PLAY WHERE THE BIG FELLAS HAVE EARNED THEIR REPUTATIONS FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS. LIMITED SPOTS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR TEAMS IN THE 12U-14U AGE DIVISIONS TO HAVE THE UNIQUE GymRat CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE THAT TODAY’S NCAA & NBA STARS HAVE ENJOYED SINCE 1998. THE OPPORTUNITY NOW EXISTS FOR PLAYERS AT ALL AGE LEVELS TO RECEIVE A SPRINGBOARD TO NATIONAL PROMINENCE THROUGH THEIR PLAY AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE AND RECOGNITION IN THE COVETED GymRat CHALLENGE POST-EVENT REPORTS.
WHAT: The 2018 GymRat CHALLENGE. As the SINGLE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES, AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE ENTIRE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT, reputations are EARNED at the GymRat CHALLENGE. WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION.
- THREE game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on Sunday
- Pool Champions & potential Wildcard teams advance to the Championship Round beginning at 1:35 PM on Sunday
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND format includes bracket play based on CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in Championship Round play
- Champions awarded in each Championship Round bracket
- This format allows all CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This format reduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
- This format preserves the legendary trademark Championship-style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for earlier conclusion times for all teams.
- Certified referees and for all games
- GymRat CHALLENGE team of scouts and evaluators on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of
- All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division are publicized in the GymRat Report that is available to every college program in the nation.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- Participating Hotels
WHERE: The GymRat CHALLENGE is proud to add Albany’s new Capital Center to its list of host facilities in 2018. In addition to the Capital Center (pictured below), RPI’s East Campus Arena, SKIDMORE College, UNION College’s Vanair Athletic Complex, and the Saratoga Recreation Center will host the 2018 GymRat CHALLENGE field. Located within minutes of each other, these tremendous facilities are easily accessible from the North, South, East, or West. With over twenty full courts, these complexes are ideal sites for an AAU event from participants’, fans’, and recruiters’ perspectives. For a detailed breakdown of competition venues by Age Division, please visit http://gymratchallenge.com/boys-event/game-sites-directions/
*FACILITES SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON NCAA RULES & AVAILABILITY
WHEN: May 26-27, 2018
WHY: The GymRat CHALLENGE is a true test of both basketball skill and will where today’s NCAA and NBA, stars have come to earn their reputations over the past two decades. Since 1998, players from current NBA MVP Steph Curry to former NBA Rookie of the Year & NCAA Player of the Year Emeka Okafor to NBA All-Stars and former Chicago Bulls teammates Joakim Noah and Luol Deng to NCAA Players of the Year & National Champions Jimmer Fredette, Kemba Walker, and Shabazz Napier as well as many, many more have arrived at the GymRat CHALLENGE to compete and be seen, and exited the GymRat CHALLENGE having catapulted themselves to the top of recruiting boards everywhere.
WITH UNPARALELLED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. With team and individual NATIONAL NOTORIETY on the line, those that perform well in this high visibility event receive an unparalleled boost in recruiting exposure. Each year several All-GymRat CHALLENGE selections are tabbed by the GymRat CHALLENGE Evaluation Team as rising members of their classes both nationally as well as regionally in their home areas of the country. All of this, combined with a reputation as the best organized event in the nation, makes the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the most complete and competitive stops on the summer basketball schedule.
With a huge field comprised of some of the top club basketball programs in North America, the GymRat CHALLENGE boasts an indisputable prominence and acclaim from teams, coaches, and scouting services across the continent. The GymRat CHALLENGE annually hosts in excess of 520 teams representing over twenty-four U.S. states and Canadian provinces covering a geographic reach from Texas to Toronto, Montreal to Maryland, and beyond. That field and an unwavering commitment to quality made the GymRat CHALLENGE THE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT.
HOW: To Register Click Here
Tournament Executive Director: John Kmack