TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES
PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPONIBLE FOR ALL GAMES RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT. GymRat LIVE RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
THE STATED MISSION OF THE GymRat LIVE IS TO ALLOW YOUNG BASKETBALL ATHLETES THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS IN PURSUIT OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY COLLEGIATELY AND BEYOND. THE OVERWHELMING SUCCESS RATE OF THE GymRat BASKETBALL IN THIS MISSION IS WELL-DOCUMENTED.
ANYONE CAUSING A DISRUPTION TO THE ATHLETES’ OPPORTUNITIES TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS AND/OR BEHAVING IN A MANNER THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE WILL BE REMOVED FOR ALL EVENT VENUES.
ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER EXHIBITING BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED TO BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE EVENT AND/OR THE COMPETITION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FOR THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM ALL COMPETITION VENUES. THIS ABSOLUTLEY INCLUDES ANY SPECTATOR WHO ENTERS THE PLAYING SURFACE AT ANY POINT OTHER THAN BEING WAIVED ON TO THE COURT BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL TO ADDRESS AN INJURED PLAYER.
AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF EVENT ORGANIZERS, DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR FROM ANY PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE TEAM OR TEAMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID PLAYER, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO ENSURE THAT THOSE IN THEIR TRAVEL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE STANDARDS, RULES, AND CODE OF CONDUCT AT GymRat LIVE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANY PLAYER, TEAM, FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS EJECTED FROM THE EVENT.
ALL COACHES ARE EXPECTED TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES PROFESSIONALLY AND RESPONSIBLY. COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SLIPPERS OR SANDALS ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME. COACHES MUST WEAR A COLLARED SHIRT OR TEAM LOGOED APPAREL ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME. COACHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WEAR BASEBALL HATS, DOO RAGS (WAVE CAPS) OR BEANIES WHILE COACHING DURING THE EVENT.
GymRat BASKETBALL HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME, REQUIRED TO SIT OUT THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME, AND MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat BASKETBALL EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat BASKETBALL EVENT AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat BASKETBALL EVENTS
- GIRLS GymRat LIVE will be played by National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) rules except where noted and superseded below. For a full list NFHS rules please visit http://www.nfhs.org/activities-sports/basketball/
- The TEN SECOND BACKCOURT RULE will be adopted from the boy’s NYSPHSAA rules and will be in effect for this event.
- The CLOSELY GUARDED-FIVE SECOND RULE will be adopted from the boy’s NYSPHSAA rules and will be in effect for this event.
- The first team listed on the schedule (left hand column) will be designated as the HOME team and is expected to wear a white or light colored uniform.
- All games will be played with 16 minute stop time halves.
- There will be no Shot Clock
- Ten (10) minute warm-up will be provided prior to each game. Halftime will be five (5) minutes in length.
- Each team will be awarded two (2) full timeouts per game and one (1) 20 second timeout per half.
- The one and one bonus will be awarded on the 10th team foul of each half.
- A player will be disqualified from a game after he receives his 6th personal foul.
- ALL overtime periods will be two (2) minutes in length.
- ALL overtimes will start with a jump ball.
- Each team will be granted ONE (1) additional full time out per overtime period.
- Each team must provide their own scorekeeper in order to keep the book. The scoreclock will be operated by GymRat personnel. The first team listed on the schedule will act as the home team.
- Each team is responsible for their own warm-up basketballs. The ROCK will be used as the official game ball of GymRat LIVE
- If a situation occurs in which one team builds a lead of thirty (30) points or more, the game will be converted to running time (clock stops only for team and official timeouts) until the lead is cut to twenty (20) points or less, or the game ends.
- Players are PROHIBITED from wearing jewelry during game competition. All jewelry MUST BE REMOVED prior to game competition. Taping over jewelry will NOT be allowed.
- On-site Athletic Trainers are NOT responsible for pre-game preventative care (i.e. ankle taping) or treatment of pre-tournament/pre-existing injuries or conditions. Teams are responsible for supplying their own athletic tape and supplies.
- All teams are requiredto meet their three game guarantee and compete in all scheduled games.
- Any team wishing to file a protest, must provide a signed protest in writing to an Age Division Director. A PROTEST FEE of $100 must also be provided at the time that the protest is submitted. If the protest is upheld, the fee will be returned to the protestor. If the protest is not upheld, the fee will NOT be returned. Any protest involving age/grade eligibility must identify the name of the player in question as well as the “reasonable cause” for the protest (i.e., a protest may not be submitted based on a player’s size). Protests are not impactful or actionable until they are submitted in writing per the policy detailed above. If a protest is upheld, the penalty is enforced from the point of the protest forward. Protests are NOT enforced retroactively.
- Please be sure to have age eligibility documentation (birth certificates, AAU cards, prep school admission letters, etc.) for all players at the event in case of a protest or age eligibility verification situation. Please be reminded that, as a USA Basketball Alliance Tournament, the GymRat CHALLENGE strictly adheres to USA Basketball’s grade and age eligibility requirements.