- WRISTBANDS will be issued to EVERYONE wishing to enter a GymRat CHALLENGE competition venue and MUST be securely fastened PRIOR to entry. Wristbands will be issued to all ROSTERED players and a MAXIMUM of TWO (2) coaches per team. Coaches MUST wear their band on their wrist. Players can choose to wear their band on their wrist or ankle. Wristbands CANNOT be worn on jerseys or bags. Spectators MUST wear their band on their wrist. Wristbands are NOT transferrable....i.e., they CANNOT be transferred from one person to another. Wristbands CANNOT be worn on bags or purses. All bands MUST be securely fastened PRIOR to gaining entry to the facility....i.e., bands CANNOT be carried into the facility. These are all important safety precautions. Anyone attempting to enter a competition venue without properly displaying a wristbands will be removed from the facility and remanded to local authorities. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- ZERO TOLERANCE: THE STATED MISSION OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE IS TO ALLOW YOUNG BASKETBALL ATHLETES THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS IN PURSUIT OF THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY COLLEGIATELY AND BEYOND. THE OVERWHELMING SUCCESS RATE OF THE GymRat BASKETBALL IN THIS MISSION IS WELL-DOCUMENTED. ANYONE CAUSING A DISRUPTION TO THE ATHLETES’ OPPORTUNITIES TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS AND/OR BEHAVING IN A MANNER THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE WILL BE REMOVED & BANNED FROM ALL EVENT VENUES. THIS ABSOLUTELY INCLUDES ANY SPECTATOR WHO ENTERS THE PLAYING SURFACE AT ANY POINT OTHER THAN BEING WAIVED ON TO THE COURT BY MEDICAL PERSONNEL TO ADDRESS AN INJURED PLAYER.
- RESULTS & SCORE TRACKING: All game results and Chanpionship Round rankings will be posted to the GymRat Application Site at https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/ . Once the event begins, two buttons will appear under the event logo. The POOL PLAY button will provide scores of all games. The CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND button will provide a the rankings of all teams pertaining to advancement into the Championship Round. Those rankings are NOT complete until ALL Pool Play games have been concluded and reported into the system. For more information on how teams advance to the Championship Round, visit http://gymratchallenge.com/championship-round/
- FORFEIT FEE: Teams are REQUIRED to meet their three game guarantee. In accordance with the published rules for the GymRat CHALLENGE that were acknowledged and accepted by EVERY team at the time of registration, any team forfeiting a game, including withdrawing from the event after the schedule is posted, wll be charged a $525 forfeit fee PER forfeited game. The GymRat CHALLENGE is one of the highest exposure, highest visibility events in the nation. Forfeits are UNACCEPTABLE at an event of this magnitude. Teams forfeiting games don't just damage themselves, but they also deprive their opponents the opporunity to compete in front of over 180 college coaches.
- SCOREBOOK KEEPERS: The team listed in the left column of the schedule is designated as the HOME team. The home team is responsible for providing someone to keep the official scorebook for the game. This could be a coach or a parent, but ALL home teams must provide a book keeper.