USA BASKETBALL ALLIANCE TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL DESIGNATION
Both the BOYS and GIRLS GymRat CHALLENGE events have been selected as USA Basketball Alliance Tournaments and part of the pathway to the 2019 U.S. Open Basketball Championships.
USA BASKETBALL is the National Governing Body for Men’s and Women’s Basketball in the United States as recognized and designated by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Basketball Federation (FIBA). USA Basketball is responsible for the selection and training of the men's and women's national teams that represent the United States in international competitions including the Olympic Games and the FIBA Basketball World Cup. In addition, USA BASKETBALL is responsible for the development of youth basketball initiatives that address player development, coach education and licensing, and safety.
All GymRat CHALLENGE participating teams in the 10th grade, 9th grade, 13U and 12U divisions at this alliance tournament are eligible to register for the USA Basketball 2019 U.S. Open Basketball Championships that will be held July 17-21, 2019 in Westfield, Indiana.
The exclusive annual GymRat CHALLENGE EARLY REGISTRATION period begins on November 1st and runs through December 31st. EARLY REG is open only to RETURNING teams and teams that were on the 2018 Waiting List. Because the GymRat CHALLENGE is reaching its maximum capacity earlier and earlier each year and our Waiting Lists are growing in size year over year, the EARLY REG period is designed to give RETURNING TEAMS an advanced opportunity to lock-in their spots and take advantage of EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS of $100 per team.
During the annual EARLY registration period, RETURNING teams and teams that were placed on the 2018 WAITING LIST can register at the DISCOUNTED rates listed below….A $100 DISCOUNT from National Registration rates:
- From NOV 1 to DEC 31, GymRat CHALLENGE discounted EARLY registration fees will be:
- $395 for teams in the 8th through 11th Grade divisions
- $295 for teams in the 6th & 7th Grade divisions
- Teams that know that they want to return to the 2019 GymRat CHALLENGE are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the exclusive EARLY REG period to lock in their spots before NATIONAL registration opens on January 1st. Once NATIONAL registration begins on January 1st: throughout the United States & Canada, registration rates will be:
- $495 for teams in the 8th through 11th Grade divisions
- $395 for teams in the 6th & 7th Grade divisions
- Multi-team discounts available. Call 1-888-7-GYMRAT (1-888-749-6728)