JUNE 15-16 2019
WHO: GIRLS teams in the 12U through 11th Grade divisions from across the North American continent. Teams will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis until maximum capacity is reached.
OPEN TO 12U-11TH GRADE GROUPS
- 11th Grade: An athlete cannot turn 18 prior to September 1, 2019, OR
- Grade exception: Athlete must be enrolled in the 11th grade or below (as of October 1, 2018) AND cannot turn 19 prior to September 1, 2019
- 10th Grade: An athlete cannot turn 17 prior to September 1, 2019, OR
- Grade exception: Athlete must be enrolled in the 10th grade or below (as of October 1, 2018) AND cannot turn 18 prior to September 1, 2019
- 9th Grade: An athlete cannot turn 16 prior to September 1, 2019, OR
- Grade exception: Athlete must be enrolled in the 9th grade or below (as of October 1, 2018) AND cannot turn 17 prior to September 1, 2019
- *8th Grade: An athlete cannot turn 15 prior to September 1, 2019, OR
- Grade exception: Athlete must be enrolled in the 8th grade or below (as of October 1, 2018) AND cannot turn 16 prior to September 1, 2019
- *13U: Cannot turn 14 prior to September 1, 2019
- This is an age-based division, grade exceptions are not permitted
- *12U: Cannot turn 13 prior to September 1, 2019
- This is an age-based division, grade exceptions are not permitted
* PLEASE NOTE:All coaches and bench personnel participating in the 8th grade, 13U or 12U divisions must have a valid USA Basketball Coach License on file with USA Basketball prior to the start of the event.
The coach license process requires successfully passing a background check which generally takes 7-10 business days to process. To obtain a coach license, visit https://community.usab.com/. It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide verification of coach licensure at any time throughout the event. Once licensed, set your online coach account profile to “public” view for real-time verification of licensure onsite. Only actively licensed coaches are permitted on the bench to coach.
WHAT: The 2019 GIRLS GymRat CHALLENGE. As the single largest event of its kind in the eastern United States, and the third largest event of its kind on the entire North American continent, the GymRat CHALLENGE has become a rite of passage for today and tomorrow’s NCAA and WNBA stars. Reputations are EARNED at the GymRat CHALLENGE. . From WNBA All-Star and scoring champ Epiphany Prince to reigning WNBA MVP and four-time U.CONN National Champion Breanna Stewart, since 1998, the greatest players on the planet have come to the GymRat CHALLENGE to prove themselves against top competition.With unparalleled coverage from college coaches, scouting services, and basketball publications, more players are recruited out of the GymRat CHALLENGE than any other event in the nation.
- THREE game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on Sunday
- Pool Champions & potential Wildcard teams advance to the Championship Round beginning at 1:35 PM on Sunday
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND format includes bracket play based on CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in Championship Round play
- Champions awarded in each Championship Round bracket
- This format allows all CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This format reduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
- This format preserves the legendary trademark Championship-style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for earlier conclusion times for all teams.
- Certified referees and for all games
- GymRat CHALLENGE team of scouts and evaluators on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of
- All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division are publicized in the GymRat Report that is available to every college program in the nation.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- Participating Hotels
WHERE: The state-of-the-art Albany Capital Center, the beautiful Times-Union Center, RPI’s East Campus Arena, Skidmore College, and Siena College will host the 2019GIRLS GymRat CHALLENGE field. Located within minutes of each other, these tremendous facilities are easily accessible from the North, South, East, or West. With over twenty full courts, these complexes are ideal sites for an AAU event from participants’, fans’, and recruiters’ perspectives. For a detailed breakdown of competition venues by Age Division, please visit http://gymratchallenge.com/girls-event/game-sites-directions/
*FACILITES SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON NCAA RULES & AVAILABILITY
WHEN: June 15-16, 2019
WHY: The GymRat CHALLENGE is a true test of both basketball skill and will where today’s NCAA and WNBA stars have come to earn their reputations over the past two decades. Since 1998, players from reigning 4-time NCAA Women’s Final Four MVP, 4-time U. CONN National Champion, 2016 WNBA Rookie of the Year and Olympic Gold Medalist Brenna Stewart to Stewart’s National Championship teammate and current Washington Mystic Bria Hartley to former WNBA scoring champion Epiphany Prince as well as many, many more have arrived at the GymRat CHALLENGE to compete and be seen, and exited the GymRat CHALLENGE having catapulted themselves to the top of recruiting boards everywhere.
WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. With team and individual NATIONAL NOTORIETY on the line, those that perform well in this high visibility event receive an unparalleled boost in recruiting exposure. Each year several All-GymRat CHALLENGE selections are tabbed by the GymRat CHALLENGE Evaluation Team as rising members of their classes both nationally as well as regionally in their home areas of the country. All of this, combined with a reputation as the best organized event in the nation, makes the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the most complete and competitive stops on the summer basketball schedule.
With a huge field comprised of some of the top club basketball programs in North America, the GymRat CHALLENGE boasts an indisputable prominence and acclaim from teams, coaches, and scouting services across the continent. The GymRat CHALLENGE annually hosts in excess of 550 teams representing over twenty-four U.S. states and Canadian provinces covering a geographic reach from Texas to Toronto, Montreal to Maryland, and beyond. That field and an unwavering commitment to quality made the GymRat CHALLENGE THE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT.
With teams throughout the country building their national schedules to include this event, the GIRL’s GymRat CHALLENGE is guaranteed to be SOLD-OUT WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE OPENING TIP-OFF. TEAMS THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GIRL’S GymRat CHALLENGE, ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THEIR PROGRAM’S SPOT IN THE TOURNAMENT FIELD, AVOID THE WAITING LIST, & GAIN ACCESS TO ANNUAL EARLY REGISTRATION NOTIFICATION. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL REGISTRATION MATERIALS.
HOW: To Register, visit https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/
Tournament Executive Director: John Kmack