JUNE 16-17, 2018
WHO: Girl’s teams in the 13:U thru 16:U Age Groups from across the United States and Canada.
AAU Grade and Age Eligibility Requirements apply. To view complete AAU Girl’s Basketball Age and Grade Eligibility Rules please visit http://image.aausports.org/dnn/girlsbasketball/EligiblityRules.pdf
WHAT: The 2018 GIRL’s GymRat CHALLENGE. One of the most visible and competitive events in the nation. WITH UNPARALELLED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION.
- THREE game guarantee with additional games for Championship Round qualifiers
- POOL PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP FORMAT
- POOL PLAY concludes at 11:15 AM on Sunday
- Pool Champions & potential Wildcard teams advance to the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND beginning at 1:35 PM on Sunday
- CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND format includes bracket play based on CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND seed
- Single elimination with MAXIMUM of three games in CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND play
- Champions awarded in each CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND bracket
- This format allows all CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND qualifiers to play a minimum of one and a maximum of three games in this highly competitive round.
- This format reduces fatigue and results in higher quality performance in all brackets of the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
- This format preserves the legendary trademark Championship-style of the GymRat CHALLENGE, allows for national recognition for winners in all brackets, and allows for earlier conclusion times for all teams.
- Certified referees for all games
- GymRat CHALLENGE team of scouts and evaluators on hand throughout the weekend for talent evaluation & selection of
- All-GymRat CHALLENGE team and MVPs in each age division are publicized in the GymRat Report that is available to every college program in the nation.
- Athletic Trainers on site
- Participating Hotels
WHERE: The GymRat CHALLENGE is proud to add Albany’s new Capital Center to its list of host facilities in 2018. In addition to the Capital Center (pictured below), RPI’s East Campus Arena, SKIDMORE College, U. Albany’s SEFCU Arena, and the Saratoga Recreation Center will host the 2018 GIRLS GymRat CHALLENGE field. Located within minutes of each other, these tremendous facilities are easily accessible from the North, South, East, or West. With over twenty full courts, these complexes are ideal sites for an AAU event from participants’, fans’, and recruiters’ perspectives. For a detailed breakdown of competition venues by Age Division, please visit http://gymratchallenge.com/girls-event/game-sites-directions/
*FACILITES SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON NCAA RULES & AVAILABILITY
WHEN: June 16-17, 2018
WHY: The GymRat CHALLENGE is a true test of both basketball skill and will where today’s NCAA and WNBA stars have come to earn their reputations over the past two decades. Since 1998, players from reigning 4-time NCAA Women’s Final Four MVP, 4-time U. CONN National Champion, 2016 WNBA Rookie of the Year and Olympic Gold Medalist Brenna Stewart to Stewart’s National Championship teammate and current Washington Mystic Bria Hartley to former WNBA scoring champion Epiphany Prince as well as many, many more have arrived at the GymRat CHALLENGE to compete and be seen, and exited the GymRat CHALLENGE having catapulted themselves to the top of recruiting boards everywhere.
WITH UNPARALLELED COVERAGE FROM COLLEGE COACHES, SCOUTING SERVICES, AND BASKETBALL PUBLICATIONS, MORE PLAYERS ARE RECRUITED OUT OF THE GymRat CHALLENGE THAN ANY OTHER EVENT IN THE NATION. With team and individual NATIONAL NOTORIETY on the line, those that perform well in this high visibility event receive an unparalleled boost in recruiting exposure. Each year several All-GymRat CHALLENGE selections are tabbed by the GymRat CHALLENGE Evaluation Team as rising members of their classes both nationally as well as regionally in their home areas of the country. All of this, combined with a reputation as the best organized event in the nation, makes the GymRat CHALLENGE one of the most complete and competitive stops on the summer basketball schedule.
With a huge field comprised of some of the top club basketball programs in North America, the GymRat CHALLENGE boasts an indisputable prominence and acclaim from teams, coaches, and scouting services across the continent. The GymRat CHALLENGE annually hosts in excess of 520 teams representing over twenty-four U.S. states and Canadian provinces covering a geographic reach from Texas to Toronto, Montreal to Maryland, and beyond. That field and an unwavering commitment to quality made the GymRat CHALLENGE THE LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND IN THE EASTERN UNITED STATES AND THE THIRD LARGEST EVENT OF ITS KIND ON THE NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT.
With teams throughout the country building their national schedules to include this event, the GIRL’s GymRat CHALLENGE is guaranteed to be SOLD-OUT WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE OPENING TIP-OFF. TEAMS THAT WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GIRL’S GymRat CHALLENGE, ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE THEIR PROGRAM’S SPOT IN THE TOURNAMENT FIELD, AVOID THE WAITING LIST, & GAIN ACCESS TO ANNUAL EARLY REGISTRATION NOTIFICATION. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL REGISTRATION MATERIALS.
HOW: To Register, visit https://gymratchallenge.com/gymrat/
Tournament Executive Director: John Kmack